What Is Ivermectin 12?
About Ivermectin 12
It is used for the treatment of worm infections in the intestine. It comes as an oral tablet, topical lotion, and cream. It helps to improve the quality of life by curing parasite infection. It works by killing the parasite.
Ivermectin 12 Uses
- Strongyloidiasis-It is known as an intestinal infection that is caused by a roundworm known as Strongyloides stercoralis characterized by abdominal pain and vision impairment.
- Scabies– It is a skin infection caused by a mite called Sarcoptes scabiei characterized by itching and red rashes on the skin.
- Onchocerciasis- is a parasitic worm infection caused by Onchocerca volvulus transmitted through the bite of black flies characterized by skin itching and vision impairment.
How Ivermectin 12 does work?
It is used for the short term and works like other medicines. It will cause serious risks if you don’t take it as per the prescription of a doctor. To check if this medicine is working or not if your symptoms start improving then it means it is working fine. It works by binding to the muscle and nerve cells of worms, causing their paralysis and death. This also helps in slowing down the multiplication rate of the causative organisms, thereby accelerating the healing process.
Ivermectin 12 Dosage
- Dosage for Stronglyoidasis Patient: Adult dose (aged 18-64 years)-200mcg/kg of body weight taken as one dose. For children (aged 0-17 years) same procedure was followed. For Seniors(aged 65 years or older) it will not be effective to them as it will slow down the work of the liver and also process drugs slowly in the body.
- Dosage for parasite infection in eyes or skin: for adults (aged 18-64 years) and children (aged 0-17years) dosage is 150mcg/kg of body weight taken as one dose. For seniors (aged 65 years or more) it will create the same issue as to the patients of Stronglyoidasis.
Take medicine and dosage after a prescription from a doctor don’t take it by you.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember that you missed it, if the time of the next dose comes then skip the missed dose because two doses can’t be taken together it will cause harm to your body.
Contact the physician or doctor for a medical emergency. The symptoms of overdose include trouble in breathing, seizures, numbness, loss of coordination, and tingling.
Available Dosage Here: Ivermectin 6mg
- Breastfeeding- It is not recommended for breastfeeding women unless it is very much necessary to give her. It may cause side effects to the child who is breastfed. Consult your doctor and discuss with him.
- Pregnant Women- The risks involved with pregnant or about to pregnant women should be discussed with the doctor it is not advisable to take this medicine.
- For Children- Children whose weight is less than 33 pounds (15 kg) are not recommended to take this medicine. It is unsafe for them.
- People having asthma problems: it can make your condition of asthma worse, consult your doctor first is it safe for your health condition?
- People with seizures: it may cause seizures, so be careful before taking this medicine without a prescription.
- People suffered from HIV: for HIV patients one dose is not enough to cure the parasite infection, you may need several doses to cure it.
- People having Liver Problem: If you have this health problem then it may cause harm to your liver, your body may not be able to process the drug well. It will create a side effect in your body.
- Allergy: It can cause an allergic reaction to your body, symptoms like rashes on the skin, swelling of throat or tongue, and trouble in breathing can be seen.
Ivermectin 12 Side Effects
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Increase in heartbeat
- Swelling of arms, hands, face, feet
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in neck or back
- Serious eye problem like redness, pain, loss of vision, etc
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of your skin
- Whites of your eyes
- Peeling skin
- Blistering of skin
- Loss of energy
What are the questions to ask your doctor before taking Generic for Ivermectin 12?
- Ask the doctor how the drug works on your body
- Ask the reason for prescribing this medicine to you that will help you to understand your medical condition and usage of it.
- What are the side effects of using this medicine, if you know about the side effect you will be able to identify them, prevent them and act on them if they happen to you?
- Is taking a generic one will provide the same benefit as the branded one as it is cheaper but provide the same benefit as branded medicine?
- What is the expected time the drug can take to effect on your concern will it work slowly or firstly reduce symptoms then cure it completely.
- What to do if you miss any dose of the medicine
- Method of taking medicine using water or any specific time of taking it
- What type of food or other medicine can interact with it and create a side effect so that you can avoid them taking.
What are the side effects of Generic for Ivermectin 12?
- Swelling of ankles
- Muscle pain
- Eye problem
- Neck or back pain
- Chest pain
- Loss of consciousness
- Increase in heartbeat
How to use Ivermectin?
The medicine to be used considering the following factors like the age of the person, the condition that needs to be treated, the severity of the condition, etc. It should be taken empty stomach with a full glass of water. Take the medicine as per the direction of the doctor. Don’t store this medicine in moist or damp areas. Always carry your medicine with you whenever you go so that you will not miss it.